Helping Small, Emerging Businesses of Color
How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for a BWC+invest loan, qualifying applicants must complete the BWC Online Application HERE.
In addition, applicants most upload a recent Payroll Summary Report or W9s for at least two FTE employees, and provide one of the following financial statements: (1) balance sheets; (2) income statements; (3) cash flow statements; or (4) statements of shareholders’ equity.
Completed applications will be reviewed within 24 – 72 hours after submission and provided an approval or disapproval status within one week. If additional information is needed, a BWC representative will contact you via email or telephone.
Funds will be delivered via an acceptable delivery option based on the location of the business and BWC’s access to delivery resources.
Loan Repayment Terms:
- Investments are considered as patient capital (or long-term capital where BWC is willing to make a financial investment in a business with no expectation of turning a profit.)
- 0% interest for initial 3 years
- Investment repayment by the end of Year 3
- Up to 50% forgiveness of initial funding amount earned with performance through conversion to convertible equity feature
- Ability to extend principal repayment option with low-interest rate modification in year three should more time be needed.
- Any principal that is repaid will be reinvested in the fund to continue access to alternative capital in communities of color.